Some things that happened today:
- I found out that one of this year's mentor teachers (we'll call this teacher X) was the mentor of one of last year's mentor teachers (Y). I know a bit about X, but only from Y's perspective, and it's all negative. I'll give X a chance to prove Y wrong . . . but I'm definitely keeping an eye on that situation.
- One of the pilots called me "Hollywood." This nickname could only have been given to him by ONE PERSON, and you know who you are.
- We had lunch at a fantabulous Mexican cafe. Yummy. And reimburseable!
- There was a bit of sheer wind on our landing. Luckily, my back was to the pilots, cause I hate seeing the plane slew all over the place when we're coming in to the runway. I trust the pilots, but I really don't need to see that at all.
- I got to use one of those cool FM receiver microphones that you drape around your neck.
- My students are going to do really well. I know this because they are all marvelous, smart, industrious, and open-minded.
So that's it for today. So far, I'm keeping up with NaBloPoMo. Yeah, me!