Tuesday, November 04, 2008

NaBloPoMo '08 #4: Election-Day Tidbits

I'm LOVING this country right now.

* A colleague came to school dressed in red, white, and blue, complete with shiny red Danskos.

* Slogger left the house this morning at 6:45, worried that the lines at our polling place would be so long that he wouldn't be able to vote AND get to work on time. By 7:10, he was back home for another cup of coffee.

* After my afternoon class, a large group of students walked out the door planning their carpool to the voting booths.

* Near the student union, a group of students were asking people if they had voted, handing out "I Voted" stickers, and offering rides to the polls. As I walked by, one woman saw the signs and flags all over the car they were using, and said "Oh, can I get a ride?"

* This morning a colleague of mine told me that she was wearing blue panties in an attempt to sway the voters toward Obama.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Um, about the blue panties...I hope that this colleague of yours is also a friend and not just someone that always shares TMI. Otherwise I'm guessing that the bit of info they shared was a wee bit awkward. :) *laugh*