I'm LOVING this country right now.
* A colleague came to school dressed in red, white, and blue, complete with shiny red Danskos.
* Slogger left the house this morning at 6:45, worried that the lines at our polling place would be so long that he wouldn't be able to vote AND get to work on time. By 7:10, he was back home for another cup of coffee.
* After my afternoon class, a large group of students walked out the door planning their carpool to the voting booths.
* Near the student union, a group of students were asking people if they had voted, handing out "I Voted" stickers, and offering rides to the polls. As I walked by, one woman saw the signs and flags all over the car they were using, and said "Oh, can I get a ride?"
* This morning a colleague of mine told me that she was wearing blue panties in an attempt to sway the voters toward Obama.