Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Week in Review

I can't believe it's already been a week since I last blogged. It's been a week of just crossing things off my list, nothing really interesting.

This morning, on the other hand, was a landmark for Slogger. It was our first time walking to the coffee shop since his heart attack. I think he's been capable of walking that far for a couple of weeks now, but the cold weather gets to him more than it used to -- this morning it was in the 40s, although on our way back home the wind really picked up. Luckily it was at our backs.

I tried with the bread machine again yesterday, with the same results -- the dough rose and then fell like a rock. I'll keep experimenting and see what I can figure out, but my stock of hard, heavy bread (suitable for making my own seasoned bread crumbs!) is getting a bit on the huge side. What else can I do with homemade bread that is hard as a rock? Any ideas? I already used the bread crumbs to make turkey meatballs (this to go with my super-flavorful but salt-free marinara sauce).

I'm working on exercising every day, though this week was not the best for it. I'm still operating on my plan of giving myself non-food prizes for exercising at least 6 of the 7 days in the week -- needless to say, this week I get no prize. Oh, well. I plan to do better next week.

1 comment:

Belle said...

What about bread pudding? Or, failing all, feeding the birds?