Monday, April 28, 2008

Two-Mile Day

So I've come to realize that if I want to lose weight, I'm going to have to both control my intake and up my exercise regime. I've been walking at a fast pace for 30 minutes a day, and maintaining my weight, but not losing any. Since my goal has been to lose about 20 pounds, that's just not going to be enough. Last Friday I started upping my exercise work to include running a mile and walking a mile. I'm going to keep up that goal every day this week, and then up it next week to running two miles and walking one. It's ridiculous that someone who has hiked as many miles as I have should be down to this, but it's the reality. Time to get serious about exercise.

3 comments:

Brigindo said...

I'm right there with you--trying to up my exercise and eat normal instead of going on a strict diet. I found this website which lets you log your routines, whatever they may be. It looks interesting but I haven't really tried it yet.

http://www.traineo.com/

Belle said...

I love the idea of exercise. I love the after-effects of exercise. I just hate the thing itself.

trish said...

Sounds like you need a Wii to go along with the Wii Fit. :-)