Saturday, January 05, 2008

Cross-Country!

Maybe the three gin and tonics I drank last night were some kind of weird medicine, because I'm suddenly feeling so much better that I am totally up for a work-out. So we're going cross-country skiing. Well, I'll be doing nordic (cause I'm kind of a classical girl, myself), but Footslogger will be trying out skate-skiing. He was a speed skater in high school, and is not really happy with the straight-forward motion of cross country.

Two years ago, I bought Footslogger a gift certificate for a skate-ski rental, which he never used. (No comment on my serious gift-giving disability.) Anyway, we're going to stop by the local ski shop and see if they will honor that gift certificate, even though it has been expired for over a year. If not, I'll go ahead and pay for his rental. If he enjoys it, he'll probably buy himself a set.

In the meantime, we're hanging out, having nice pancake breakfast, and sitting in our matching recliners playing around the internet on our laptops. Maybe I'll take a picture and post it this afternoon.

No comments: