Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Morning

We woke up early this morning, made coffee, let the dog out, and had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. The blueberries were courtesy of my beautiful mom, who sent us off from her place with a GALLON of frozen blueberries, which they picked last summer, I think. Wow. That's a lot of blueberry pancakes for us. And blueberry muffins, bread, etc. I might even make some blueberry salad dressing, if Sam will give me his fabulous recipe.

We've spent the last couple of days getting back into the swing of things here, recovering from our month-long trip, cleaning up, and doing laundry, etc.

Yesterday I picked up the cats from the vet, where they had been boarded for 40 days. It was expensive, but it was worth it to know that they were being well cared for. The cats are 13 and 14 years old, so I'm always concerned these days about their health. Marty, in particular, has been losing weight lately. She's always been a sickly and somewhat feeble cat, so I'm not sure what's going on with her. They did some blood tests and found nothing -- so I'm going to see what I can do here to put some weight back on her. Loner, of course, is fine, although he lost weight while at the vet as well.

The plan for today is to finish up the laundry, clean out the frig in the camper, and get going on a couple of projects for work. Boring, I know.

4 comments:

Belle said...

Perhaps, but getting home always requires such stuff. Which, in its own way, can be exhausting and relaxing at one.

Brigindo said...

Yay! You're back! Roxy is beautiful and congrats on the grant, the GA and the soon-to-be doctoral class. With all of that and Slogger's retirement, it sounds like things are going really well.

The Tower of AION The Tower of AION The Tower of AION The Tower of AION The Tower of AIONThe Tower of AION said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thoroughly Educated said...

Blueberry pancakes! A most excellent idea. I have some frozen wild blueberries in the freezer and now I have a whole new vision for tomorrow morning.