Friday, July 17, 2009

All accomplished, and everything

This week, I've been working hard on catching up and getting a few things accomplished. Because I'm a big fan of lists, here's a list of what I've done:
  • Finished the IRB proposal for my grant research, and sent it in. Oops, I was supposed to do that when I applied for the grant, but didn't.
  • Got a good start on syllabi for my two fall courses.
  • Wrote about half of the program report, which is due September 15th.
  • Returned multitudes of emails and phone calls that came in and slipped through my Crackberry while we were traveling.
  • Started a chart on my master's students so I can keep up with where they are in their programs.
  • Recorded one set of assessment data for the program report; I still have one more set to go.

All of this makes me feel so virtuous that I will probably drink an extra glass of wine tonight.

P.S. So earlier I hinted about some good news, and I think it is time now to share it. A colleague from a university down south (I'll call hir Timex) and I decided to apply for the co-editorial positions for a journal in our field. We sent in our application materials, did a phone interview, wrote answers to questions, and waited. Last week (while I was sitting with Slogger undergoing an echocardiogram, in fact) we found out that the publications committee has selected us as the new editors. There is still some paperwork to be done, but... it's pretty much a done deal. We are thrilled! And scared, also.... but then it's both a huge honor and a great responsibility to the field.

2 comments:

Brigindo said...

Very cool! Congratulations on the joint editorship.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

Awesome! Congrats!