OK, I've seen this meme at Russian Violets, Dr. Crazy, and others. No one tagged me, but I thought it might be interesting to see what I can come up with, then to tag some folks and see if anyone actually follows through.
Here are the rules to play:
1. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
3. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
So -- 8 random facts about Dr. Bad Ass:
1. I have a bad habit of picking at my cuticles; I can only keep myself from doing this by giving myself frequent manicures and keeping my nails painted.
2. When I was in third grade, I told a fellow third-grader (yes, a "popular" girl) that I had broken my leg the summer before. Somehow, I thought this would make me cool.
3. I went to Girl Scout camp every year between the ages of 8 and 14. Then I became a Girl Scout camp counselor.
4. When I graduated from high school, I wanted to be a truck driver. My mother did not approve. Now I'm THRILLED that I didn't become a truck driver, since I hate driving 45 minutes to the mall in the next town over!
5. I like going to conferences, but I rarely go to sessions not presented by me, my students, or my grad school colleagues (yeah, Margaret, Gwynne, Melanie, Cheri, George, and Alison!).
6. The young adult lit course that I taught last spring was my best experience as a college teacher ever. You guys were fabulous!
7. According to my mother, when I was two years old, I wanted to do everything "my-by-self." Still do.
8. I love our Farmer's Market here in town, but I wish they would just give away baskets of cherries and forget everything else.
I know I'm supposed to tag 8 people, but .... I don't think 8 people who blog read this! So here are the folks I'm tagging:
Tessa (your mom or dad can do it for you!), Jen, Kathryn and/or Paul and of course, anyone else out there who hasn't already done it.
Connie, it's time for you to have your own blog, now . . .