Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick

It's spring semester in Laramie, Wyoming, so that means it is time for the yearly crud. In past years, the yearly crud has attacked my ears (2004), throat (2003), and chest (2002, 2005, 2006). This year, it's again attacking my chest like a bank vault that needs to be dynamited. It all started on Tuesday when I woke up with a sore throat and coughed my way through visiting student and mentor teachers in Casper. Then on Wednesday it was a fever of 102 and an iron band around my chest. I staggered to the doctor's office and got a prescription for antibiotics, but it's now Thursday evening and I'm still feeling shitty. Better than on Wednesday, but still pretty shitty.

Anyway, I cancelled class on Wednesday night, didn't go to my discussion section on Wednesday or lab today, and it looks like I won't make it to chemistry on Friday either. So . . . lots of time off but with no energy to get any work done. Chemistry exam on Wednesday, lots of papers to grade, but I doubt any of it will get done in a timely fashion!

I've watched lots of movies, though, and got a lot of extra sleep. So that's a good thing. That's me, seeing the silver lining . . .

No comments: