Saturday, February 24, 2007

Coughing. And Not Traveling.

For weeks I toyed with the idea of writing a conference proposal for the NCTEAR conference, which is taking place this weekend in Nashville. I did write a proposal, which was accepted, and then came a commitment that was important to a family member, so I had to cancel.

This morning, we packed up our things to drive down to Leadville, Colorado, only to find that all roads out of Laramie were closed. We tried 287; we tried the interstate; nothing doing.

So we came back home. No conference presentation, and no fun day spent with spouse and other hikers. I've spent the day (again) sitting in my easy chair, playing solitaire and watching TV. And coughing.

So I'm about finished with my antibiotic, but I'm wondering what else I should do. I've been drinking water and gatorade like they're going to stop making it. I've been hanging my head over a pot of boiling water. I have a humidifier going in my bedroom. And still, the cough and the shaky breathing is bothering me.

Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you find a solution, I hope you share it with the rest of the world--lots of us need it!
BT