Friday, February 24, 2006

Green is the Color

My wonderful spouse packed his backpacking gear in his Vapor Trail last night, in preparation for his trip to the Rockies Ruck this weekend.

When I saw him in that backpack, I slowly turned green.

Because of some work commitments, I can't go to the Ruck this year, and that does not make me happy. However, when I think about it, I just repeat my mantra: "Spring break is coming. Spring break is coming. Spring break is coming."

It's odd that I've been having spring breaks as long as I can remember. Since I was 5 years old, I've been in school, either teaching or being taught, and spring break is a staple of the school experience. So much so, that when I first met Footslogger, who is not an educator, I cracked him up by asking "So what are you doing for spring break?"

I guess not everyone gets spring break. So sad for you guys!

I'm still waiting with bated breath to find out if any of my poetry gets published... will let you know when I find out.

No comments: