Saturday, February 09, 2008

Raspberry Mojitos

After a late night of drinking (in which I discovered raspberry mojitos -- yummy! and I had too many of them!) and eating, we're hanging out this morning on our dual laptops, watching CNN, blogging. I've stopped in on my online course (check); Footslogger is hanging out on either whiteblaze. net or scubaboard. We're mentally and physically preparing ourselves for a lovely day of skiing, and hoping that the wind is not going to be too painful up there on the slopes.

I'm hearing good things about the process of my materials through the tortuous maze that is going to shape the rest of my career. You know what I'm talking about, but I can't really write about it here. Still with fingers crossed, but I'm breathing a bit easier at this point . . .

In the meantime, I think I'll be making raspberry mojitos on my own pretty soon ...

Here's the place to see how to do it.

On another topic, the writing has been coming along this semester, thanks largely to the freedom afforded by teaching online. I sent in revisions to a manuscript -- I'm crossing my fingers for that one, as I'm quite keen on getting it published. A colleague and I responded to an editor's query about another manuscript, based on some really pissy reviews; we have high hopes for that one as well. I've also made some connections for writing with a couple of teachers. One short-term (thanks Dawn!) and one long-term (Carol!). I love writing with teachers, for teachers -- it brings me back to what is really important to me -- impacting classroom practice.

OK, enough -- we have to get ready for skiing...

No comments: