Saturday, February 22, 2003

I've been sick for almost three weeks with croup. CROUP! I ask you, isn't that a child's disease? I'm not a child, I don't have any children, and I'm almost never around children. Apparently, however, the virus that causes croup is sneaky as hell. It first hit me with a sore throat, then laryngitis for a few days (during those few days, of course, I taught an in-service on content area reading and a graduate class on qualitative research -- it's quite interesting to teach with no voice!). After the laryngitis came the coughing, the swollen throat, the fever, the difficulty breathing. Not at all nice. I am now on the mend, however, having taken loads of steroids and antibiotics. I'm still on an inhaler, but every day I feel stronger and more healthy.
Today, in fact, I plan to go have lunch with my husband and several of my fall semester students, who are now student teaching. Mexican food. Margaritas. A whole host of salty foods. Love it!

No comments: